Who deserves praise, criticism in Northern Utah this week?THUMBS UP: The Ogden Greek Festival is a gift to this community. So much good, good food. We were happy to see so many people turning out in support. Thank you to the members of the Transfiguration Greek Orthodox Church for all the time and preparation spent on feeding Weber residents and the volunteers who assist them. If you haven’t stopped at the festival yet, you still have time Saturday — if they haven’t sold out of food. And welcome, Father Patrick O’Rourke, the new priest and pastor at the church. We hope you enjoy this community as much as we do.THUMBS DOWN: If you’ve been glued to the TV screen this week, as the Senate Judiciary Committee hearings unfolded as part of the U.S. Supreme Court nomination of Brett Kavanaugh, then surely you too are tired of the bitter back and forth. Perhaps more than ever, our nation has been extremely divided this week, with both Republicans and Democrats failing to listen to each other, much less listen to accuser Christine Blasey Ford and Kavanaugh’s emotional claims. With the chaos that ensued, we think it was a rational decision by President Donald Trump… Read full this story
- Supreme Court thumbs down same-sex marriage
- Supreme Court thumbs down same-sex marriage petition
- Immigration, Mueller probe boosted U.S. tensions this year
- Freedom of speech includes the right to remain silent
- Special Report: How Myanmar punished two reporters for uncovering an atrocity
- British men are hailed as heroes for taking down knife-wielding 'Muslim convert' who went on a deadly stabbing spree through Sydney shouting 'Allahu Akbar' as police say the suspect had 'terrorist ideology' but that he's 'mentally ill'
Thumbs up, thumbs down: Supreme Court drama, Bill Cosby, flu have 287 words, post on www.standard.net at September 29, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.