A CDC study in 2017 showed that vaccination reduced flu deaths among children with high-risk medical conditions by half and among healthy children by about two-thirds.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends all people 6 months of age and older get immunized against flu.Prior to last flu season – which ran from October 1, 2017 – May 19, 2018 – the CDC estimated that an average of 12,000 to 65,000 people die from the flu per year and between 250,000 and 700,000 people end up in the hospital.Though the toll was highest among seniors, the dead included 180 children, “and a majority of them were unvaccinated”, Adams says. Last year, for example, it provided 90% protection against one of the strains of flu. The vaccine is your best and only protection to prevent getting the flu, or if you do contract it, you’ll get a milder case.Health officials note that the numbers underscore how severe the flu can be and that vaccination is the best tool available to fight it.”That’s huge”, Dr, William Schaffer, a vaccine expert at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, told the AP. So it’s critically important that we impress upon folks that it is not just… Read full this story
- Exclusive: U.S. migrant policy sends thousands of babies and toddlers back to Mexico
- US migrant policy sends thousands of babies and toddlers back to Mexico
- Exclusive: U.S. migrant policy sends thousands of children including hundreds of babies back to Mexico
- Exclusive: U.S. migrant policy sends thousands of children, including babies, back to Mexico
- EXCLUSIVE-U.S. migrant policy sends thousands of children, including babies, back to Mexico
Health officials encouraging residents to get flu vaccine have 262 words, post on upbeacon.net at September 29, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.