New houses are being built on an Ayr site that’s been an eyesore for years. And John Scott MSP believes the 22 homes will breathe new life into an area, off McCall’s Avenue. Mr Scott visited the Britannia Place site, being developed by Hanover Scotland Housing Association, with funding from South Ayrshire Council and the Scottish Government. Builders are CCG (Scotland) Ltd, and the new development, once completed, will be known as Cuthbert Gardens. The name reflects the history of the site, which used to contain the Newton Shoe Factory owned by the Cuthbert family. People are expected to move into the general needs social housing, ranging from two to four bedrooms, early in 2019. Mr Scott met with senior managers from both Hanover Scotland and CCG and was given a tour of the site. He heard about valuable engagement with local residents during construction and how the design had come about, as well as health and safety precautions. Janice McDonald is the Enhanced Housing Manger for Hanover Scotland. She said: “We already have nine developments in South Ayrshire, and Cuthbert Gardens is our tenth.” She added: “This area is important to future plans and we look forward to delivering… Read full this story
- Jacqueline Jossa reveals she is set to move into a new house with husband Dan Osborne and daughters after seeking therapy for their marriage
- Aditya Narayan Reveals The Worth Of His New House & It’s Way More Than What’s Reported!
- Were Ranbir Kapoor’s latest pictures taken inside Alia Bhatt’s new house? Fans discover clues
- Local needy people supported to build new houses
- Iggy Pop, Joe Walsh, New Order Set for Tibet House Benefit
- Heat's Bam Adebayo surprises mom with new house for her birthday
- Oui ou non: New Caledonia set for fresh vote on independence from France
- Money can't buy sanity! TikTok users reveal the 'most insane' things they've seen rich people do, like flying from Detroit to NYC for PIZZA and building a new house after choosing the wrong paint for the old one
- Giant MEAT-EATING European dormouse is spotted in England as conservationists warn the predatory rodents could devour the offspring of native species
- Billie Faiers' mum Suzie Wells reveals she is set to move into the TOWIE star's old house when her problematic dream home is FINALLY built
New houses set to be built at eyesore spot have 380 words, post on www.dailyrecord.co.uk at August 7, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.