Minister-Counselor of the Russian Embassy in the United States Dmitry Zhirnov congratulated representatives of the French Embassy on France's win in the World Cup final and presented them with a special gift. “We cordially congratulate the members of the French Embassy on their new champion's title,” Zhirnov said. “I would like a representative of the French Embassy to join me on stage, as we have a special celebratory gift on this happy occasion from Ambassador Anatoly Antonov to the head of the French diplomatic mission in Washington Gerard Araud. It is a Russian Imperial porcelain with our Embassy's logo that will come in handy during a fancy Russian tea party.” READ MORE: WATCH FIFA World Cup in Russia End With Fireworks as France Wins Tournament Butman, who was a World Cup ambassador for one of the host cities — Saransk, is currently on a world tour and could not attend the final match. “Today, at this event we celebrate the end of the World Cup and the winners,” he said. “Today's evening is really special.” Butman noted that during the final game he was at the airport, where everyone was watching the game. “Everyone was nervous. Some cheered for Croatia, while some cheered for France,” Butman said. “I was happy when either team scored. It's a beautiful game that makes people happy. The crowd of people watched, listened, and worried. People forgot about everyday problems,… Read full this story
- World Cup stunning moments: Italy shocked by South Korea in 2002
- 'Posh sports' face funding cuts in buildup to Paris 2024 Olympics
- 6 Paths Through Jazz in 2020
- Gerard Houllier dead at 73: Tributes pour in for Liverpool, PSG and France legend after shock death
- When Will Live Music Return?
- Music’s Road Crews Are Overwhelmingly White and Male. Meet the People Trying to Change That
- How 2020 Changed the Music Business Forever
- Sports news feed: Bas Dost to leave Frankfurt for Club Brugge
- Sports news feed: Gladbach's Thuram hit with six-game ban
- Diego Maradona dead – Argentina legend dies of heart attack aged 60 two weeks after brain bleed
'Music, Sport Unite People:' Jazz Legend Butman Marks World Cup End With Concert have 345 words, post on sputniknews.com at July 16, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.