Randy Essex Detroit Free Press Published 10:17 AM EST Feb 11, 2019 On April 13, 1934, Ford Motor Co. received a notorious endorsement. “Dear Sir,” read the handwritten letter addressed to Henry Ford. “While I still have got breath in my lungs I will tell you what a dandy car you make. I have drove Fords exclusively when I could get away with one.” “Get away” being operative words — the letter was signed, “Yours truly Clyde Champion Barrow.” Barrow, whose given middle name was Chestnut, is among the most famous criminals in American history. With accomplice Bonnie Parker and other running mates, Bonnie and Clyde committed robberies, kidnappings, car thefts and killings from their native Texas as far north as Minnesota from 1932-34. Barrow’s preference for Fords with what then was a powerful engine begs this question: What would be today’s great getaway cars? We’ll get to that in a moment. The letter, which is in possession of the The Henry Ford in Dearborn, went on to say: “For sustained speed and freedom from trouble the Ford has got ever other car skinned and even if my business hasen’t been strickly legal it don’t hurt enything to tell you what… Read full this story
- The 2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody is a true summer car
- Dodge Challenger Hellcat VS. Cadillac ATS-V Coupe - American performance superheroes battle it out!
- 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt: What it's like driving the car made famous by Steve McQueen
- Short Report: The all-wheel-drive 2017 Dodge Challenger GT is a winter road warrior
- Short Report: Old-school style meets new-school smarts in the 2018 Dodge Challenger T/A
- Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Corvette, Impala dominate as most popular classic cars in the U.S.
- Daily Drive-Thru: XJR575 is Jag's fastest sedan yet, 2018 Ford Mustang GT beats Camaro SS, Ford might drop Fiesta from US and more
- The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon will have ridiculous launch power thanks to big tires, torque converter
- Ford Mustang hits exclusive 10-million mark, sports car record
- $130g Ford Mustang Cobra Jet is the quickest, most expensive pony car ever
Ford Mustang, Dodge Challenger Hellcat among getaway vehicles of today have 336 words, post on eu.usatoday.com at July 13, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.