If you are visiting Cardiff then chances are you’ve got your time out in the city all planned out. After all, Cardiff is absolutely goddamn amazing. But just a short drive from the city are some incredible beaches, caves, priories and attractions that are well worth a visit. Here are some things to do near Cardiff, which all take around an hour (some just a little longer) to drive to. We’ve estimated times and the distance from the city centre, but check for traffic updates ahead of your trip. 1. Tintern Abbey One of our greatest monastic ruins, this is surely the best-preserved medieval abbey in Wales. Tintern, on the banks of the River Wye, was only the second Cistercian foundation to be built in Britain. Admission is £5.50 for adults, £16.50 for a family ticket and £4.10 for under 16s. Where: Tintern, Gwent NP16 6SE Distance from Cardiff: 45 minutes/36 miles Visit the Cadw website for more information. 2. Tredegar House Situated within 90 acres of gardens and parkland, the stately red brick manor house is one of the most significant late 17th-century houses in the UK. For more than 500 years Tredegar House was home to the Morgan… Read full this story
- Martin Roberts warned it's 'too dangerous' to enter Ukraine after 26-hour drive to border
- McDonald's to swerve 10pm curfew with loophole that allows 24-hour drive-thrus
- National speed limits to be slashed to 20mph in major driving law change - 'necessary'
- How Self-Driving Cars Could Ruin the American City
- The world’s largest crane migration is just a half-day drive from Denver
- Bong Joon Ho and Ryusuke Hamaguchi on Oscar Surprise ‘Drive My Car’
- Oscar International Film Nominees Feature Youth in Search of Their Place in the World
- I always dreamed of visiting my ancestral home of Odessa. But not like this.
- Ukraine: I always dreamed of visiting my ancestral home of Odesa. But not like this
- Man involved in an indecent act in Gore's McDonalds drive-thru 'disgusted in himself'
27 places to visit that are an hour's drive from Cardiff have 320 words, post on www.walesonline.co.uk at July 26, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.