U.S. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, the lifelong Republican who was tasked with outlining the scope of special counsel Robert Mueller‘s Russia investigation in place of a recused Attorney General Jeff Sessions, said a bunch of things from a podium in Montreal on Monday that can easily be read as thinly veiled criticism of President Donald Trump and his associates, even though no names were used. Rosenstein made general prepared remarks at the International Economic Forum of the Americas Conference in Canada, but it’s almost like he was giving an update on things at home, particularly when he mentions the threat corruption and bribery pose for the rule of law and for a flourishing society. Criticism 1: This Isn’t a Witch Hunt. Rosenstein said the mission of the DOJ is to “pursue the goal of maintaining a just and law-abiding society.” This is notable precisely because the DOJ has repeatedly been accused of playing a political game rather than conducting a legitimate investigation of events leading up the result of the 2016 election. Rosenstein has for months now been in the unenviable position of being a punching bag of sorts for the White House and Congress. In one case, Rosenstein… Read full this story
- 'He had nothing!' Trump says 'Robert Mueller did a poor job' during hours of congressional grilling and THANKS Democrats for holding the hearings – but declares they'll lose big in 2020 because they didn't hurt him
- Maybe Twitter’s CEO Jack Dorsey Is Really Just Donald Trump in Disguise
- Stop ‘Defeatist’ Brexit Attitude and Take ‘Inspiration’ from Trump, Says U.S. Ambassador
- 'I did the right thing!' Trump says he has no regrets about refusing to meet with Mueller because special counsel 'ruined people's lives' over minor mistakes and BANKRUPTED 'good people'
- Donald Trump says Google has conspired to hide positive news about him, Google denies it
- Donald Trump says Google hides positive news about him; Google begs to differ
- Trump says that al-Baghdadi's 'number one replacement' as leader of ISIS has been killed
- Trump says he asked Saudi king to list oil company on New York exchange
- Trump says likely successor to ISIS leader Baghdadi killed by US forces
- The Milky Way is being warped and twisted, study says
All the Ways Deputy AG Rosenstein Just Criticized Trump Without Saying His Name Once have 379 words, post on lawandcrime.com at June 10, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.