Last night, an anti-Putin journalist was reported to have been shot dead in his house, in the most grisly and horrific way. Today, he arrived at his own press conference. The events are apparently part of a complex and detailed plot to capture those who meant to kill Russian journalist Arkady Babchenko. The plan went into action two months ago when authorities received information that someone wanted to assassinate Mr Babchenko, according to Vasily Gritsak, head of the Ukrainian Security Service. To protect him authorities had a plan of their own to avoid his arrest and catch his would-be killers: kill him themselves, albeit fictitiously. World news in pictures 50 show all World news in pictures 1/50 A worker cleans up the Millenaire migrants makeshift camp along the Canal de Saint-Denis near Porte de la Villette, northern Paris, following its evacuation on May 30. More than a thousand migrants and refugees were evacuated early in the morning from the camp that had been set up for several weeks along the Canal. AFP/Getty 2/50 Police and ambulances are seen at the site where a gunman shot dead three people, two of them policemen, before being killed by elite officers, in the eastern Belgian city of Liege. AFP/Getty… Read full this story
- Most shocking nuggets from the Mueller report including Hope Hicks hanging up on Putin and Sarah Sanders’ fake news
- A timeline of everything we know about how Russia used Facebook, Google, and Twitter to help Trump win
- President Obama's full speech in South Africa
- Back-to-Back Legal Blows in Trump Circle Jolt Presidency
- Melania Trump back in public eye after 'little rough patch'
- The Latest: White House hopes uprising will oust Maduro
- Trump, Kim Summit Collapses Amid Failure to Reach Deal
- Real-world solutions to fix online hate
- Mail Men by Adrian Addison review – inside the Daily Mail’s sanctimony and vitriol
- Torvalds vents about religious extremism
Why did anti-Putin journalist Arkady Babchenko fake his own death and reappear at press conference? have 304 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at May 30, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.