BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Cynthia Nixon thinks Andrew Cuomo was behind the refusal by two venues to host her campaign’s first stop in the state’s second-largest city. The Democratic candidate for New York governor’s economic development discussion with local leaders originally was scheduled Wednesday at a Buffalo community center, but Nixon was turned away after being told the venue couldn’t host political events. After being turned away from a second venue, the “Sex and the City” star met with community leaders at Babeville, musician Ani DiFranco’s concert hall located in a refurbished church. Cuomo’s “power establishment” forced the venue changes, Nixon said after the round table discussion, which was closed to the media. “I just want to say I’m here meeting with grassroots leaders and activists in Buffalo, and I guess that’s really threatening to the power establishment here,” Nixon said. “It shouldn’t be. It’s a democracy. I just want to talk.” Nixon, a longtime activist on education and LGBT issues, announced March 19 that she was challenging the two-term incumbent in the Democratic primary. Cuomo’s campaign denies he or anyone else associated with him was behind the venues’ rejecting Nixon’s event. His campaign leader, Lis Smith, tweeted: “First we’ve… Read full this story
- Contacting Venues For Hire - Asking the Right Questions
- Finding a Function Venue to Suit Your Event
- An Ideal Venue For Important Business Events in Singapore - The Suntec Center
- Hosting a School Fundraiser Event
- How to Promote Your Event Online
- Coffs Harbour Events Calendar
- How to Attract Visitors and Exhibitors - Pop-up Pen Holders Could Hold the Key For Events Organizers
- Inside story of how the death of 'best mate' Danny Frawley sent fallen celebrity football agent Ricky Nixon's life spiralling into despair - ending in him being rushed to hospital
- Gov. Cuomo Comes for the New York Times, Drops N-Word While Defending Italian-Americans
- Making Sense of Cynthia Mckinney's "Dignity"
Venues reject Cynthia Nixon campaign event. She blames Cuomo have 330 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at April 24, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.