0 of 10 Gregory Payan/Associated Press The draft is the ultimate gamble for NFL teams. There’s no such thing as a sure bet when it comes to bringing in first-year players who have never played a snap in the pros. Sure, some bets are safer than others. There are some high-floor players like Penn State tailback Saquon Barkley and Alabama safety Minkah Fitzpatrick who most in the draft community expect to make a relatively seamless transition to the NFL. There’s a reason both of those players will be selected in the top 10. There’s a flip side to that coin. For some players in this year’s class, it’s not simply a matter of talent. Every prospect on this list has shown flashes of the ability to start (and even star) in the NFL. But each of the players listed here also carries significant risk for some reason. For some, it’s a hole in their game. Or a poor draft season. Or a medical or attitude issue. It might even be a combination of factors. Whatever the reason, these are the biggest boom/bust prospects in the 2018 NFL draft, ranked from smallest to widest possible range of career success—with consideration of their likely… Read full this story
- 2020 NFL Draft rumors: Dolphins remain frontrunners for Tua Tagovailoa, but Justin Herbert could rock the boat
- 2020 NFL Draft: Former No.1-overall draft pick advises Joe Burrow to 'pull an Eli Manning' on Bengals
- Get to know Jeremy Chinn: The late-rising safety who could crack the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft
- Can 'one of the most talented teams' in college football history set records in the NFL draft?
- Giants 2020 offseason central: Key dates, free agency scorecard, NFL draft news, latest updates and more
- Each team's most consequential NFL Draft pick ever, from Sammy Baugh to Patrick Mahomes
- 2020 NFL Draft: Nick Saban compares Tua Tagovailoa to Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers as a 'style of player'
- Bengals players don't seem too happy with the media over negative NFL Draft speculation involving Joe Burrow
- 2018 NBA Draft: Cavaliers select Alabama PG Collin Sexton
- Analyst: NFL draft stacked at 49ers’ areas of need
Ranking the 2018 NFL Draft's Biggest Boom-or-Bust Prospects have 354 words, post on bleacherreport.com at April 5, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.