Manchester City were confirmed as Premier League champions on Sunday as second-placed Manchester United suffered a shock 1-0 home defeat by bottom club West Bromwich Albion ReutersUpdated:April 15, 2018, 11:05 PM IST Manchester City. (Twitter/Man City) London: Manchester City were confirmed as Premier League champions on Sunday as second-placed Manchester United suffered a shock 1-0 home defeat by bottom club West Bromwich Albion. United had to at least draw to keep the title race mathematically alive but were stunned at Old Trafford when Jay Rodriguez headed home after the break. City manager Pep Guardiola might have missed the moment that his first English title was sealed, however, after admitting on Saturday he had a round of golf booked with his son. He would have been as surprised as everyone else that the title, seemingly a foregone conclusion for months, was rubber-stamped in such strange circumstances. A week after City surrendered a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 to United and squander the chance to wrap up the title in perfect style against their arch-rivals, it was relegation-bound West Brom who served it up on a plate. West Brom had lost eight of their previous nine games and last won on Jan…. Read full this story
- West Ham bring in Dawson from Watford
- Real Madrid loses 4-1 to Valencia after Carlos Soler's hat-trick of penalties
- What are the biggest defeats suffered by teams in a title-winning season?
- 10pm Man Utd news LIVE: Nuno Mendes transfer BLOW, Mandzukic to Celta Vigo, Luke Shaw injury UPDATES
- 7am Chelsea news LIVE: Pulisic injury UPDATE, Rice targeted as Kante replacement, Rugani £27m transfer bid REJECTED
Manchester City Win the Title as United Lose to West Brom have 266 words, post on www.news18.com at April 14, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.