PUBLISHED: 11:30 04 April 2018 Lee Power England players react after losing a penalty shoot-out in the women’s gold medal match at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow (pic Danny Lawson/PA) PA Archive/PA Images Havering’s Emily Defroand says England’s women want a medal at the Commonwealth Games, but knows they have to focus on each step of their journey. England’s Emily Defroand (pic Scott Heavey/PA) Former Coopers pupil Defroand was called into the 16-strong squad at late notice, following injuries to three other players. And the 23-year-old feels the group has what it takes to do well, saying: “It’s really exciting, we’ve got a few new faces, but we’ve got the well-established players that won silver last time in Glasgow. “There’s a handful who have that experience of a multi-sport event already. We’ve got players coming through, up-and-coming players who have embedded themselves into the squad over the last year or so, and we’ve got a good buzz about the squad. “It’s been a bit of a whirlwind few weeks. We’ve had to overcome a few injuries within the squad. Times like these challenge you as a unit and now we’re very focused on doing what we do best and… Read full this story
- Arizona women ranked for 1st time in 15 years; Oregon No. 1
- Training with men helped women's team prepare for English pace: Bismah
- Canada beats U.S. 1-0 to reach Olympic gold-medal hockey game
- General election 2019: Johnson vows to help women reach 'full potential'
- Home Abortion Hotline Pledges to Help Women Navigate the Law
- Carmelo Anthony scores 25 to help Portland snap four-game losing streak
- NASA Wants Help Preventing Asteroids From Destroying Earth
- Taking the time to talk to Denmark's migrants
- Anthony Joshua takes London 2012 gold at super-heavyweight class
- Power Rangers: 10 Things We Want To See In The 'Heroes of the Grid' Tabletop Game
Defroand wants to help women medal, but taking it one game at a time have 309 words, post on www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk at April 4, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.