0 Have your say Their cooking has delighted some of the world’s most discerning palates and their waiting lists are often months long – but some of Yorkshire’s leading restaurateurs have been left with a nasty taste in their mouths by the underhand tactics of a few customers. The Yorkshire Post says: Restaurant customers trolls must end bad TripAdvisor review ‘blackmail’The Michelin-starred chef Tommy Banks is the latest to skewer diners who cancel their bookings and then threaten a negative online review when they are declined a refund.Mr Banks, who runs the Michelin-starred Black Swan at Oldstead in the North York Moors, went so far as to accuse one customer of blackmail, in an angry tweet on Tuesday.“Not for the first time we seem to have been threatened with bad reviews online unless we let them off the cancellation policy to which they previously agreed,” he wrote.“We should never back down to what appears to be blackmail.”What it’s really like to be a Michelin star chefMr Banks is not the first to be threatened by “trolls” who post anonymous reviews on sites like Trip Advisor and Facebook. A survey two months ago by the British Hospitality Association found that 85… Read full this story
- Meet Oakland’s 16-year-old chef prodigy Rahanna Bisseret Martinez
- Where Are All 16
- Have to cook from home for the first time? Here's what you need to know (plus your first recipe!)
- Confined to our homes, schools closed and small businesses in ruin: Prime Minister to announce tough new restrictions TODAY - so what will an Italy-style lockdown look like in Australia?
- Spain will shut its land borders to halt the spread of coronavirus, as British tourists scramble back to UK and Benidorm cops set up sunbeds to say STAY AT HOME
- Cluster of delivery men gather outside exclusive restaurant Carbone to pick up 150 orders of take-out as NYC's most exclusive restaurants shut their doors to dine-in customers
- Coronavirus cancellations, toilet paper shortages leave Airbnb hosts nervous
- The 20 best one-pot recipes: part 4
- Coronavirus in Colorado, March 17: A look at the latest updates from COVID-19
- Coronavirus Victoria: Jump in Victorian cases as shopping chaos unfolds
Top chefs stick knife into diners who resort to online ‘blackmail’ when they can’t get a refund have 358 words, post on www.yorkshirepost.co.uk at February 8, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.