0 Comments ‘I called 999 when my son suddenly fell ill but was put on hold… I wanted help, not concert tickets’ BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Dear Arlene and Michelle, have you ever seen a just-turned two-year-old have a seizure? It is a frightening experience, but when it’s your own child, it is the scariest day of your life. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/i-called-999-when-my-son-suddenly-fell-ill-but-was-put-on-hold-i-wanted-help-not-concert-tickets-36527971.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/article36527968.ece/b94ab/AUTOCROP/h342/2018-01-25_new_37973003_I1.JPG Email Dear Arlene and Michelle, have you ever seen a just-turned two-year-old have a seizure? It is a frightening experience, but when it’s your own child, it is the scariest day of your life. His pale little face, his arms outreached desperately in need of his mother but unable to grasp her as the convulsions take hold. The incomprehension in his eyes before they roll back and his eyelids half descend. He lolls, he does a sort-of retch – trying to breathe or be sick. It’s your worst nightmare. All kinds of thoughts go through your head. He’s a tough little so-and-so – he’s Conan, he’s our barbarian – you don’t want to call an ambulance, it would be an imposition, sure he’ll be grand. Plus dinner is nearly ready. Those thoughts race through your head. It must have been seconds before… Read full this story
- Alaskan Bush People’s Bear Brown’s ex claims he REFUSED her calls about son’s birth and ‘doesn’t want to know’ newborn
- Rare Disease Day: Jennie Nowers shares son Lucas’ rare diagnosis
- Explorer Robin Hanbury-Tenison, 83, falls critically ill with coronavirus just days after he was 'skiing like a demon' in France with his wife
- Heartbroken father, whose teenage son died from a suspected allergic reaction, reveals the family's anguish as his funeral service is cancelled and they're forced to hold a scaled-back burial because of lock-down
- Britney Spears' boyfriend Sam Asghari helps the singer keep a 'level head' amid drama with her ex husband Kevin Federline and father Jamie
- 'I'm asking coronavirus patients if they want to die in hospital or at home': NHS junior A&E doctor, 32, gives stark glimpse from the frontline of crisis and conversations 'she never thought she would have'
- 'Mummy, am I going to die?' Mother reveals she was left terrified for her 'perfectly healthy' five-year-old son's life after he was hospitalised with hallucinations, vomiting and a 42°C temperature due to coronavirus
- London barista, 28, died from malaria after failing to get through to coronavirus-overloaded 111 call centre then waiting 90 minutes for ambulance as frantic sister begged 999 operator for help
- Myleene Klass wants First Aid training in schools after daughter choked on plastic toy
- Davina McCall provides mental health support, Cara Delevingne pledges to help charities and Hollywood stars Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds donate £1million to food banks as celebrities help those in need during coronavirus pandemic
‘I called 999 when my son suddenly fell ill but was put on hold... I wanted help, not concert tickets’ have 480 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at January 25, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.