Billed as the most raucous event in the showbiz calendar, the champagne-drenched Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s annual prize-giving is a draw for filmmakers and actors looking to create some buzz ahead of the Oscars in March.But this year’s ceremony, seen as the first big opportunity for the industry to unite against a pervasive culture of sexual misconduct brought to light by the downfall of disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein, may strike a more somber tone.”The deluge of sexual misconduct revelations has been the story of the year, so it’s safe to predict that it will be the story of the night at the Golden Globes,” Debra Birnbaum, executive editor for television at industry weekly Variety, told AFP.”It will influence everything from Seth Meyers’ monologue to impassioned acceptance speeches to the fashion.”The ceremony at the Beverly Hilton – the first for late night NBC funnyman Meyers as host - is not as reliable at predicting Oscars glory as the galas held by Hollywood’s acting, producing and directing unions.But it remains one of the most high-profile and glamorous events of the awards calendar and tends to generate more headlines for tipsy tributes, daring gowns and wacky tuxedos.SOLIDARITY Actors and actresses are however expected to… Read full this story
- Summer party season is a major source of al fresco angst
- Aubameyang hopes Pepe gets nod to start soon after debut
- The solid Boro XI Woodgate could pick if season started tomorrow
- 'I played the first song and I just started crying'
- Killing Eve season 3 – UK air date, cast and plot spoilers
- Man City pre-season tour winners and losers
- Olivia Colman ‘humbled’ to get CBE in Oscar-winning year
- See where this Hollywood star grew up
- Film of the week: Tarantino's ode to Hollywood is cult fiction
- Big Little Lies season 2: How to watch it in the UK
Hollywood gets party season started at glitzy Golden Globes have 303 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at January 8, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.