In my five-plus years in Iowa, I’ve heard golf fans across the state consistently speak of one slice of time in almost reverential terms.We’re almost two decades removed from 1999, but the affect of that year’s record-setting U.S. Senior Open at Des Moines Golf and Country Club forever elevated the scope of the sport in the Hawkeye State.Sure, the PGA Tour’s Quad Cities Open (now the John Deere Classic) had been around a while. But Illinois lays claim to that event, too, and there wasn’t the local star power of Zach Johnson to anchor the tournament.That Senior Open brought the PGA Tour Champions to Des Moines by 2001, and it’s never left. All these years later, it probably played a part in bringing Iowa’s latest landmark golf showcase, too.As we review a most memorable year in college, professional and adult amateur golf in Iowa, I’ll explain.All 2017 golf talk in Iowa begins and ends here. There’s virtually no debate.The biennial matches featuring the top female golfers from the United States and Europe stormed into Des Moines Golf and Country Club in August, and the marriage was ideal.Attendance records. Millions of dollars of economic impact. Patriotism everywhere. Healthy competition, and some… Read full this story
- An Impromptu Review Of A 2017 Hyundai Elantra SE Loaner Car
- These Are Your Best Car Stories Of 2017
- The Biggest Racing Stories Of 2017
- The Year In Old Games, 2017
- Arccos 360 review: Can an AI caddie improve your golf game?
- Apple launches iPhone 7: A bridge device for 10-year anniversary iPhone in 2017?
- Why It Took Two Years To Finish Making DLC For A
- 2017 Subaru Forester: The Jalopnik Review
- Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony: The Kotaku Review
- The 2017 Solar Eclipse: The Kotaku Review
Year in review: These stories make 2017 the most memorable year of Iowa golf in decades have 292 words, post on www.desmoinesregister.com at December 20, 2017. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.