The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is involved with a number of philanthropic efforts all over the world.Infectious disease research, improving healthcare in impoverished areas, and expanding educational access are just some of the efforts the organization is undertaking to improve society.Improving research and development initiatives for new energy sources has also been a persistent interest of Bill Gates over the years.He believes that novel energy R&D has the potential to make a significant difference, and has called for an ‘energy miracle’ innovation that providers cheaper, cleaner energy.To achieve this goal, one of the companies Gates is involved with is Terrapower, a firm based in Bellevue, Washington, which is working on a new type of nuclear energy technology.Kevan Weaver, director of Technology Integration at TerraPower explained how the company was born.“In 2006 Bill Gates and an initial group of visionary backers began searching for a scalable, low-carbon, and cost competitive energy solution. These visionaries aimed to find a way to use this energy technology to mitigate the world’s poverty problems. After exploring all available technological options, they settled on nuclear energy as the best path forward,” said Weaverin 2008, TerraPower was established to lead the effort in developing new, safe,… Read full this story
- US think tank rules out possibility of Indo-Pak nuclear war
- Russia supports Pakistan’s bid to join elite nuclear trading club
- Iran says US nuclear policy brings world 'closer to annihilation'
- France considers developing mini nuclear reactors, eyes cost
- £12bn nuclear deal collapses
- Flamanville fiasco: The story of France's nuclear calamity
- US lawmaker concerned over nuclear overtures to Saudi
- U.A.E. Completes Korean-Built Nuclear Power Plant, Seoul Says
- Portugal protests against Spain stockpiling nuclear waste near border
- International nuclear fusion project seeks reversal of Trump budget cuts
Building The Next Generation of Nuclear Reactors have 291 words, post on www.rdmag.com at August 17, 2017. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.