I’M baffled by the idea of turning your child into a “trademark” like Pepsi or Toilet Duck, but that’s what the Beckhams have apparently done to their five-year-old daughter Harper.Victoria has registered her small child’s name for commercial use with intellectual property authorities in Britain and Europe.They actually must have sat down and agreed on the long list of products their daughter could promote, which we are told include, oddly, aromatherapy oils, wrapping paper, pencil sharpeners, golf umbrellas and anti-wrinkle cream.Let’s just pause for a minute and remember that this little kid is just FIVE.And even in the loopy, la-la, celebrity showbiz bubble, Harper, is not someone who would encourage me to buy anti-ageing products, a big, lurid umbrella or a dolly, now or ever.According to the experts, this commercially minded action for such a young child is unprecedented, but it’s the world that “Brand Beckham” have chosen to inhabit.Their sons Brooklyn Beckham, 18, Romeo Beckham, 14, and Cruz Beckham, 12, are similarly registered.We are told it’s all about protecting their future interests — as well as making sure they bring in wheelbarrows full of cash by exploiting the Beckham name.I do not doubt for a second that Victoria and… Read full this story
- How David and Victoria Beckham use social media and their own children to protect their brand at all costs
- Tom Wolfe, author of 'The Right Stuff,' has died, agent says
- Tom Wolfe, author of 'The Right Stuff,' dead at 88
- 2018 Eat Local Challenge: No need to go hardcore to dig in
- Who’s Winning the Self-Driving Car Race?
- Tom Wolfe's work inspired my journalism career. Meeting him in Miami inspired a new one.
- Iowa-based Winnebago is launching an all-electric RV platform
- First trailer for Robin Hood starring Taron Egerton
- Investigation: How filling stations short-change consumers
- Kylie Jenner Is Currently On Holiday With Baby Stormi And Travis Scott
After registering Harper’s name for commercial rights, the Beckhams have branded themselves as greedy have 316 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 14, 2017. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.