The following is the full text of US President Donald Trump’s first address to a joint session of the Congress on February 28, as prepared for delivery and released by the White House press office.TO THE CONGRESS OF THE UNITED STATES: Mr. Speaker, Mr. Vice President, Members of Congress, the First Lady of the United States, and Citizens of America: Tonight, as we mark the conclusion of our celebration of Black History Month, we are reminded Recent threats targeting Jewish Community Centers and vandalism of Jewish cemeteries, as well as last week’s shooting in Kansas City, remind us that while we may be a nation divided on policies, we are a country that stands united in condemning hate and evil in all its forms. Each American generation passes the torch of truth, liberty and justice – in an unbroken chain all the way down to the present. That torch is now in our hands. And we will use it to light up the world. I am here tonight to deliver a message of unity and strength, and it is a message deeply delivered from my heart. A new chapter of American Greatness is now beginning. A new national pride is sweeping across our… Read full this story
- Insitutions forged after the Second World War are under assault from the powers that built them
- U.S. Senate confirms Mike Pompeo as Trump’s next secretary of state
- NAFTA 2.0 could draw some jobs back to US, but at what cost?
- For Trump supporters, elections a battle for his vision of America
- A tragedy in Yemen, made in America
- State of the Union: US President Donald Trump urges unity
- State of the Union: US President Donald Trump urges unity, promises to build wall
- At State of the Union, women in white stand up (or sit down) to Trump
- Obama officials failed to deal with fentanyl crisis as it burned its way across America
- Trump OKs Keystone pipeline, calling it ‘great day’ for jobs
'My job is not to represent the world; my job is to represent the United States of America' have 323 words, post on www.rediff.com at March 1, 2017. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.