WASHINGTON—The Education Department is getting social media criticism after misspelling the name of a prominent African-American sociologist — and then mistyping again when apologizing for the error.
In a tweet Sunday morning from its official account, the department attributed a quotation to W.E.B. DeBois (Doo-Boyz’), incorrectly spelling the last name with an “E.”
It immediately drew hundreds of responses mocking the department’s misspelling of the sociologist’s last name, which is correctly spelled D-U B-O-I-S.
- Colin Kaepernick, Dave Chappelle Awarded W.E.B. Du Bois Black Culture Medal; Rachel Dolezal Snubbed Again
- Education department to regulate private school fees: Minister Siddhartha Bhattacharya
- Education Department's special-ed help mostly goes to the city's rich
- Education Department Moves to Suppress Critiques of Israel
- Education Department Move Could Suppress Critiques of Israel
- Councilman Gennaro blasts Education Department on PCBs
- Education Department ignores needs of deaf students who need space to sign
- Manhattan Supreme Court saved 19 schools, Education Department plays musical chairs with new schools
- Education Department in hot water again over parent council election bungle
- The Education Department Is Canceling $150 Million Of Student Loan Debt and Betsy DeVos Can Stay Mad