Donald Trump’s newly named chief strategist and senior counselor Steve Bannon laid out his global nationalist vision in unusually in-depth remarks delivered by Skype to a conference held inside the Vatican in the summer of 2014.Well before victories for Brexit and Trump seemed possible, Bannon declared there was a “global tea party movement” and praised European far-right parties like Great Britain’s UKIP and France’s National Front. Bannon also suggested that a racist element in far-right parties “all gets kind of washed out,” and that the West was facing a “crisis of capitalism” after losing its “Judeo-Christian foundation,” and he blasted “crony capitalists” in Washington for failing to prosecute bank executives over the financial crisis.The remarks — beamed into a small conference room in a 15th-century marble palace in a secluded corner of the Vatican — were part of a 50-minute Q&A during a conference focused on poverty hosted by the Human Dignity Institute that BuzzFeed News attended as part of its coverage of the rise of Europe’s religious right. The group was founded by Benjamin Harnwell, a longtime aide to Conservative member of the European Parliament Nirj Deva, to promote a “Christian voice” in European politics. The group has ties… Read full this story
- Former Trump Advisor Steve Bannon Crucifies the Catholic Church
- Pope Francis Makes Everything That Donald Trump and Steve Bannon Say Sound Stupid
- Marilyn Manson: It’s ‘Fun’ to See Fox News Go Down in Flames
- The Plot to Bring Down Pope Francis
- Politics Chat: What Really Got Michael Flynn Canned — and Who Will Trump Fire Next?
- The Hill's Morning Report - Impeachment trial a week away; debate night
- Employee #1: Alex Marlow Details Andrew Breitbart’s Vision in Long-Form Profile
- Lawyer in pivotal snooping case: Privacy will be a “tough ride”
- Firm that helped Trump's campaign harvested 50 million Facebook profiles
- 'It might work too well': the dark art of political advertising online
This Is How Steve Bannon Sees The Entire World have 313 words, post on www.buzzfeed.com at November 15, 2016. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.