Republican Donald Trump asserted that Democrat Hillary Clinton and her campaign team first raised questions about Barack Obama’s birthplace in 2008 – and that he was the man who settled the issue in 2011.The truth, however, is markedly different.As a preface to this latest turn in the Obama “birther” row, it should be noted that the location of Mr Obama’s birth is generally considered irrelevant to whether Mr Obama is eligible to serve as US president. As long as he has one parent who was a US citizen, as Mr Obama’s Kansas-born mother was, he is considered by the US government to be a “natural born citizen”. That – along with being at least 35 years of age and resident in the US for 14 years – is the only necessary constitutional requirement for the presidency.Now, according to fact-checkers and contemporary media reports, questions about Mr Obama’s birthplace began circulating among disgruntled Clinton supporters in the last months of her ill-fated campaign against the then-Senator Obama in 2008.It was desperate times in the Clinton camp, and the candidate did not always acquit herself well, such as when she said that Mr Obama was not a Muslim “as far as I… Read full this story
- Trump: 'Fake news media’ didn’t cover when Obama said '57 states' in 2008
- Trump Had a Faux Obama That He 'Ritualistically Belittled' on Video, Says Michael Cohen's New Book
- Trump said Obama got into Harvard Law because of 'f***ing affirmative action,'accused Nelson Mandela of turning South Africa into a 's***hole' and watched a golden shower show in Vegas strip club 'with delight', Michael Cohen claims in new book
- 'They spied on my campaign': How Trump transformed a conspiracy theory into a political rallying cry
- The Birth of QAmom
- College Admissions Bribe Scandal: Georgetown U. and Obama Family Tennis Coach Faces Additional Charges
- 'When I am just a black woman, white people don’t see me': Michelle Obama says black women are 'invisible' in 'white America' - as she recalls times when she was rudely ignored while 'incognito'
- Four Ways the Obama-Biden-Harris Team Has Attacked Catholics
- Chinese dissident brought to US by Obama administration attacks Democrats at RNC
- Michelle Obama says ‘white folks don’t understand racism’ because ‘black people don’t exist to them’
The birth of the Obama 'birther' conspiracy have 373 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at September 16, 2016. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.