Gene Wilder died yesterday holding hands with his loved ones while listening to one of his favorite songs – which came on by chance as he took his last breath. The much-loved Willy Wonka actor was surrounded by his family at his home in Stamford, Connecticut, when he died. His nephew, Jordan Walker-Pearlman, revealed the touching final hours of Wilder’s life, in which the family gathered for Wilder’s favorite meal – a chicken dinner. The legendary comic actor, 83, lost his battle with Alzheimer’s disease, a battle he kept secret because he did not want to upset his fans and ‘couldn’t bear the thought of one less smile in the world’. Scroll down for video The candy man: Actor Gene Wilder has died at the age of 83, from complications due to Alzheimer’s disease (pictured playing Willy Wonka in June 1971) Wilder was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s three years ago but kept it secret because ‘he couldn’t stand one less smile in the world’ (pictured at the US Open in September 2015) more videos 1 2 3 Watch video Duchess of Sussex attends annual Festival of Remembrance Watch video Bus driver refuses to help disabled passenger off during heated row Watch… Read full this story
- Hall of Famer and Olympic gold medalist Anne Donovan dies
- Mesut Ozil hasn't 'Retired' but is he to blame or the German FA and Media?
- BMW M3 (E36) long-term test review
- The Summer of Savage: Inside the Macho Man’s explosive run to the top of WWE, 30 years later
- FMIA: Smile, Jimmy! Garoppolo in Picture Perfect Situation As a QB
- Fishing report for week of July 25-31
- Rapper Mac Miller dead at 26
- Jamal Lewis Making Most of Post-NFL Life—but Preparing for Darker Days to Come
- Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax
- The Pitcher vs. The King
Revealed: Gene Wilder died holding hands with his family while listening to Somewhere Over the Rainbow... after Alzheimer's battle which he kept secret from fans so he wouldn't upset them have 305 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 30, 2016. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.