BRUSSELS, Belgium — The assignment given to the Belgian police in the summer of 2014 was straightforward but high stakes: Follow two men suspected of involvement with ISIS through the streets of Brussels. Find out who they meet, record what they say. A court had approved wiretaps for the men’s phones and for the use of tracking devices, and a specialized team of covert operators from the secret service had broken into the men’s homes and vehicles and planted bugs and GPS devices without leaving a trace.Rather unusually, there had been little problem getting senior police officials and the courts that oversee Belgium’s personal privacy laws to approve the mission. Partly, it was the two men’s history: They had long criminal records — drug dealing, petty theft, and the occasional violent robbery — and now, unbeknownst to them, had been placed on a terrorism watch list.With hundreds of people suspected of having ties to ISIS and al-Qaeda, it would be impossible for the Belgian authorities to monitor all of them. But these two were believed to be linked to Mehdi Nemmouche, a 29-year-old French-Algerian man charged with killing four people at the Jewish Museum of Brussels on May 24, 2014.Belgian… Read full this story
- ‘I’ll release them on your border’ – Trump orders Macron & Merkel take back Isis fighters
- How Europe Can Be the Next Superpower
- Did Bear Stearns Fall Or Was It Pushed? How Insider Trading Looted Shareholders And Taxpayers
- Diamond Minds, Metro Europe - Libya Wants In!
- Open Skies Treaty Now Makes Transatlantic Travel From Europe Throughout the US Possible
- Europe's Under 19 Best Players
- New World Order, Old World News
- Inside Information, Come And Get It For Free!
- Impact of the French Revolution on 18th Century Europe and Relevance to Contemporary Christianity
- The World's Best Kept Secret, Krakow and Zakapane, Poland
Inside The World Of ISIS Investigations In Europe have 297 words, post on www.buzzfeed.com at August 22, 2016. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.