Family members of a 19-year-old woman who was raped and murdered nearly two decades ago are now coming forward to voice their belief that the man about to be executed for her death is innocent. Rodney Reed is scheduled to be put to death in January, after being found guilty for the 1996 murder of Stacey Stites, the engaged Giddings, Texas woman he was allegedly having an affair with at the time. But dozens of family and friends of both Reed and the victim believe it was Stites’ violent and controlling fiancé Jimmy Lewis Fennell, Jr, a former cop, who actually carried out the crime, and that he escaped suspicion due to a botched police investigation and rushed criminal trial. Fennell is currently serving a 10-year sentence for raping a woman in 2007 while on duty in Georgetown, Texas. That victim has also joined the last-ditch effort to save Reed before it’s too late. ‘I just know he did [it],’ Stites’ cousin Judy Mitchell told The Intercept. ‘We’ve got to do something to stop this execution.,’ Innocent? Rodney Reed (left) is scheduled to be executed on January 14, 2015, for the 1996 murder of 19-year-old Stacey Stites (right), a woman he… Read full this story
- Pictured: Murder suspect, 19, in court accused with stabbing 19-year-old to death in street after 'car crash'
- Helen McCourt's 'devastated' mother family will seek to overturn Parole Board decision to free 22-year-old's murderer who has never revealed what he did with her body after 1989 killing
- Police arrest three teenagers including schoolboy, 15, for murder of 19-year-old in 'gang fight' after car crash as cash notes left scattered at the scene
- Two 15-year-old schoolboys and 19-year-old man are gunned down in carpark shooting in north London with one victim left fighting for life and another with serious injuries
- 19-Year-Old Man Accused Of Killing Missing Connecticut Teen Jose Nunez
- 500 protesters march through German town after seven Syrian migrants are arrested for gang-rape of 18-year-old student
- 'I don't deserve leniency': Transgender pupil, 17, breaks down in tears as he is sentenced to life for the murder of an 18-year-old student who confronted him during school shooting he committed after being bullied over his gender identity
- Man becomes 11th London murder victim in 17 days as he dies from serious head injuries before police arrest 36-year-old suspect
- Son, 55, is charged with murdering his 75-year-old mother who was stabbed to death at her south London home
- Police charge 22-year-old man with manslaughter after pensioner, 72, was mowed down by hit-and-run cyclist in east London then died eight days later
Murder victim's family in last-ditch effort to save man convicted of killing her from execution...saying they believe 19-year-old was strangled to death by her cop fiancé have 414 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 18, 2014. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.