ENERGY AND CLIMATE DEBATEAs Congress returns after a week-long recess, energy-related issues and legislation are at the top of the agenda for many members and committees. On May 6, the Senate’s first action is to begin debate on S. 601, the Water Resources Development Act, a bipartisan bill which would authorize water infrastructure projects including dams and dredging. On May 8, the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee will hold a business meeting to consider several bills, including Sen. Shaheen (D-NH) and Sen. Portman’s (R-OH) energy efficiency bill, S. 761. On May 9, the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee will vote on Gina McCarthy’s nomination to be Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator. While she is expected to eventually be confirmed by the full Senate, McCarthy must still navigate a hold on her nomination by Sen. Roy Blunt (R-MO) and must address over 1,000 questions submitted by Republican members of the Environment and Public Works Committee. As the congressional committees of jurisdiction continue their review of President Obama’s proposed 2014 budget, Interior, EPA, and USDA officials will testify this week on various aspects of their agencies’ proposed budgets. The Senate Agriculture Committee has said it hopes to consider the Farm… Read full this story
- ESA Canada Urges Copyright Law Update
- Second-Generation Biofuels Show Environmental Sustainability Benefits
- New research projects for Stanford's Global Climate and Energy Project, and room for more sponsors
- Supreme Court Hands Down Landmark Environmental Ruling
- Air Pollution Casts Shadow Over Solar Energy Production
- Deep Sea Mining Could Help Develop Mass Solar Energy - Is It Worth The Risk?
- E3 2013 Preview: Vehicular Warfare in the Desert Wasteland of Avalanche Studios’ Mad Max
- The Unique Potential of Hydrogen in Energy Infrastructure, Storage and Resiliency
- Next-Generation Fuel Cell Technologies Usher in Clean Energy Future
- Novel Method Turns Methanol into Renewable Energy
Energy & Environmental Law Update May 6, 2013 have 290 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at May 8, 2013. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.