Gross and admitted medical malpractice by doctors at Kings County Hospital has condemned Lavern Wilkinson to death and will leave her 15-year-old severely retarded daughter to face the vicissitudes of life too much on her own. Racked by metastasizing lung cancer, Wilkinson has but a short time left — perhaps six months. She will go to her grave as a 41-year-old woman who likely would have survived if hospital staff had upheld basic treatment protocols. They failed, and so Wilkinson is dying, and so her devotion to the well-being of young Micalia will end. As definitely as there is bedrock below New York, this mother and daughter are victims of crude negligence by medical personnel in the city government’s employ. And now, the city government is cheating Wilkinson on her deathbed. Mayor Bloomberg should be appalled that his Health and Hospitals Corp. agreed to compensate Wilkinson with a $625,000 payment. Well less than 10% of the $8 million to $10 million typically commanded by severe negligence and injuries. Well less than the sums Micalia’s future guardians will need to pay for the care she requires for the rest of her life. HHC President Alan Aviles, who runs all the municipal… Read full this story
- Doctors recall how 'horrific' smell of sulphur and burning flesh filled air and blood-curdling screams echoed through the corridors when dozens of volcano tragedy victims were rushed to hospital after deadly blast
- Prince Charles praises NHS staff while visiting injured survivors of London Bridge terror attack in hospital
- Revealed: scale of hospital staff shortages in top Tory areas
- Mark Starr's family thought he was thriving in a new city. The truth was far darker
- The city that privatised itself to death: 'London is now a set of improbable sex toys poking gormlessly into the air'
- Friendly Cities For Same Sex Couples
- From glamour to gunfire: the tourist city of Acapulco torn apart by violence
- First Pensacola shooting victim identified as young Naval officer who tried to help others during the massacre
- FBI investigates Pensacola shooting as first fatal victim identified
- Donald Trump says Saudi's King Salman called him to say his country is 'greatly angered' by its air force serviceman murdering three in Pensacola Naval Station shooting
City fails to do right by victim of malpractice at Kings County Hospital have 359 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at February 27, 2013. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.