Energy and Climate DebateCongress returned from the August recess and the political conventions September 10 for a brief work period during which it will focus primarily on passing a six-month continuing resolution.The continuing resolution, as agreed to prior to the recess by leadership in both chambers as well as the president, would extend fiscal year 2012 funding levels for six months, thus allowing the federal government to remain open and funded through the elections, or until March 27, 2013. The measure was introduced in the House September 10, and in addition to funding for energy and environment programs, continues to contain a prohibition that bars the Department of Energy from enforcing light bulb efficiency standards. Last December’s budget agreement (H.R. 2055) included a measure banning the agency from using funds to enforce efficiency standards for 100-watt light bulbs and other incandescent bulbs until the 2012 fiscal year ends September 30. The House version of the bill, which passed September 14, also included $100 million in support for the American Centrifuge Project, an uranium enrichment project in Piketon, Ohio. The Senate expects to vote on the continuing resolution September 19.The House may also pass the Stop the War on Coal Act… Read full this story
- Minister's financial links to stricken energy company 'not a good look'
- Energy drinks may mask drunkenness
- Monster Energy drink maker sued over girl's death
- Why Japan increased the age of consent from 13 to 16 years
- Urgent warning for thousands of households on 274 energy tariffs who’ll pay £500 more – see the full list
- Apple iOS 16.5.1 Release: Should You Upgrade?
- Queensland businesses 'illegally overcharged' by Ergon Energy
- Red State Gov Signs Amendment To 12 Week Abortion Ban Into Law
- Aspen Ideas Festival live updates: 'The Office' star Rainn Wilson talks about spirituality and his new book
- Titanic tourist submersible live updates: Search for missing vessel has covered over 10,000 square miles
Energy and Environment Law Update - September 16, 2012 have 295 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at September 16, 2012. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.