The Minnesota Timberwolves threw everything they had at Kevin Durant. They put hands in his face. They bodied him on the block. They knocked him down in the paint. It was almost enough. Almost. Durant had career highs of 47 points and 18 rebounds, and the Oklahoma City Thunder overcame a 31-point, 21-rebound night from Kevin Love to beat the Timberwolves, 118-117, in overtime on Wednesday night. Jeff Green had 19 points and eight rebounds for the Thunder, who beat Minnesota for the eighth straight time. But it was Durant who carried the load, scoring 16 straight points for the Thunder in the fourth quarter of a thrilling back-and-forth game. ”All I can say is Durant is incredible,” Love said, a glazed look in his eyes. ”He’s incredible.” Durant’s 47 points tied Clippers star Blake Griffin for the highest total in the NBA this season and came from every spot on the floor. He hit four three-pointers, 13 of 14 free throws and drilled a 15-foot, step-back jumper over Corey Brewer with 28 seconds left in overtime that held up as the game winner. ”I hope I don’t ever take it for granted because that’s pretty impressive,” Thunder center Nick… Read full this story
- Rahul Dravid turns 47, receives best gift as son Samit included in Karnataka U14 team
- Ministerial List: 18 out of 31 Screened ministerial nominees have been asked to take a Bow and Go
- When Women Could Drink at 18, and Men at 21
- Kevin Durant says he is not letting free agency speculation bother him this time
- Kevin Durant already tired of free agency rumors: ‘Don’t ask me every time you see me’
- Billboard recruiting Kevin Durant goes up in New York. On Oct. 25.
- Here’s another report Kevin Durant plans to leave Warriors after season
- Kevin Durant, why didn’t you meet with Knicks last summer? “Because I didn’t want to”
- Knicks color commentator Walt Frazier: Kevin Durant will have asterisk by name
- Warriors organization chill as rumors of Kevin Durant to the Knicks swirl
Durant (47 and 18) bests Love (31-21) have 328 words, post on www.foxsports.com at January 26, 2011. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.