CLEVELAND (AP) — Chris Gimenez was happy to help the Cleveland Indians win, delighted to get a career-high four RBIs and ecstatic to put his batting average over .200The seldom-used backup catcher had two hits including one of Cleveland’s trio of three-run homers to beat the Kansas City Royals 15-4 Friday night.“That’s a good night,” said Gimenez, who raised his average 40 points to .212.“It hate to admit it, but seeing a ‘2’ next to my name does wonders,” he said. “I’ve been working to adjust to being able to swing the bat whenever I get the chance. It’s mostly mental. It felt real good to contribute.”Four of Gimenez’s seven hits in 33 at-bats have been for extra-bases.Matt LaPorta hit a three-run homer in Cleveland’s six-run second inning off Bryan Bullington (1-3). Gimenez and Jayson Nix, who tied a career high with four RBIs, later connected with two on against relievers in the Indians’ largest offensive output since a 15-3 win over Oakland on July 3, 2009.“The long ball was huge,” Indians manager Manny Acta said. “LaPorta set the tone and I’m glad for Chris. “He’s got some power, but has to adjust to his role. It’s tough to get… Read full this story
- Royal Family: Queen plots 'serious gamble' with Meghan and Harry's future roles
- Royal Family news latest: Queen ‘intends’ to lead tributes on Remembrance Day despite health scare but to miss key event
- Meghan Markle latest news – ‘Tragic’ Prince Harry & Meg ‘look like prisoners held captive by fame’, royal expert says
- Royal Family news – Queen Elizabeth & Prince Harry face Remembrance Sunday SHOWDOWN as he risks ‘upstaging’ Her Majesty
- Royal Family fan frenzy after Queen attends christening - which baby wore gown?
- Royal Family LIVE: William puts on brave face as he breaks cover during Harry bombshells
- Royal Family LIVE: Harry in 'astonishing' new Netflix storm – Duke urged to axe £112m deal
- Royal Family LIVE: Meghan rejects Queen's rules on politics - 'I'm passionate!'
- Royal Family LIVE: Harry issues 'privilege' warning to Meghan– Duke braces for painful day
- Royal Family LIVE: Kate's poignant announcement dwarfed by Harry and Meghan outing
Gimenez’s 4 RBIs lead Tribe in 15-4 rout of Royals have 352 words, post on www.foxsports.com at August 27, 2010. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.