In July, two of the top developers at Electronic Arts’ Dead Space and Dante’s Inferno developer Visceral Games quit suddenly to work at Activision. The megapublisher confirmed that the pair, Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey, were heading up the formation of a nascent studio in the San Francisco Bay Area city of San Mateo, only a few miles from EA’s Redwood Shores headquarters. Today, Activision confirmed rumors that the new studio would sport the aggressive moniker Sledgehammer Games. Schofield and Condrey will occupy the same positions there that they did at Visceral Games, general manager and chief operating officer (respectively). The company also announced that Sledgehammer will be located in the San Mateo suburb of Foster City, also home of Sony Computer Entertainment America’s headquarters. In welcome news for the hundreds of developers being laid off by EA, the new studio is actively hiring to bulk up its talent pool. Unfortunately, Sledgehammer’s first title remains unidentified. Though Activision previously said it was a new entry in an existing series, today it described the project only as an “as-yet-unannounced new video game.” Interestingly, on the same day Sledgehammer’s title was revealed, the Australian Classification Board listed a game called “Bloodhunt” being… Read full this story
- Why you may smell smoke around the SF Bay Area this week
- Mountain lion with fresh kill closes popular SF Bay Area trail
- 'It's burning down the city': Fires linked to fireworks erupt across SF, Bay Area Saturday night
- The hottest day of the week is here in the SF Bay Area. How hot will it get?
- Android phones can finally tap to pay for public transit in the SF Bay Area
- Shopping policies in effect at the Bay Area's biggest grocery stores
- Here are the mass COVID vaccination sites open or planned across the Bay Area
- Heat Wave To Bake Bay Area, California With Some Temps Reaching Triple Digits
- CDC warns of national rise in cases, but Bay Area is still dropping and counties are reopening
- New virus variant poses threat even as Bay Area hospitalizations level off
Activision drops Sledgehammer on SF Bay Area have 340 words, post on www.gamespot.com at November 18, 2009. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.