Brandon Cole can still remember the first time he picked up a game controller. “My first ever gaming experience was actually a cruel, cruel joke played on me by my brother,” the blind 23-year-old told GameSpot. “One fine day, he popped in the Mario Bros. game cartridge, handed me a controller, and said ‘OK, go ahead and press some buttons, and we’ll see what happens.’ So I started pressing some buttons, and I was listening to Mario jumping through all these levels, killing all these bad guys, winning each level, and so on. It was fantastic! It was wonderful! He was complimenting me, you know. ‘Awesome, you just did this; you just did that; you just got an extra life; good for you!'” However, Cole soon learned he was the victim of a sibling’s prank. “What he had actually done was hand me the second player controller, and he had the first player controller. He had fooled me into thinking I was playing the game, and he had a good laugh,” Cole said. “To him, that’s all it was, a joke. He wasn’t trying to inspire me, but, little did he know, he did.” Although he never beat Super Mario… Read full this story
- 4K Monitors ideal for watching movies and playing games
- Brainteaser challenges puzzlers to spot the bucket and spade among the colourful beach huts - so, can YOU beat the 30-second record?
- Phil Spencer suggests Xbox Game Pass likely won't come to other consoles after all
- World Cup Science: Tricky Shots and Blind Referees
- 'P****d off' Prince Harry branded William a snob after his brother accused him of being 'blinded by lust' over 'this girl' Meghan Markle, sensational Finding Freedom biography claims
- Maid of Sker review - an effective if unadventurous slice of rural horror
- 2018 Hyundai i30 Fastback Unveiled With Lower, Sleeker Body
- Inside Scientology
- Cosby jokes in 1st show since 2015 he ‘used to be’ comedian
- MLB doubles camera angles for video reviews of umpires
Spot On: The blind gaming the blind have 327 words, post on www.gamespot.com at August 25, 2009. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.