This column marks my 100th submission to TechRepublic. In the almost two years since my first post here, I’ve learned a lot more than I ever dreamed I could know about consulting from the comments left here by you, our readers. So to celebrate our 100th conversation, I’m highlighting some of your most enlightening comments on my first 99 posts.1. meryllogue’s comment about So you want to be a consultant?: GREAT first post! Nice article! And the replies have been good as well. I was going to add one, but it got covered already (note your free hours). In response to “never asked for a referral”… I NEVER hire a consultant without at least 3 referrals. AND… I always ask that one of them be a negative referral! I want to hear good and the bad, and I want to talk to them about the bad to see how they handled it, their perspective on it, etc. It gives me insight into how things might go if (when) the going gets tough. And it lets them off the hook of trying to look like Superman.2. apotheon’s comment about Getting beyond the ‘bull’ perception: consultants who consult That was an interesting… Read full this story
- Disgust as 'millennium tree' ripped out for resurfacing works
- Local companies named among the best in Britain
- What happened next to Hull City's Great Escape squad
- Hull man on the brink of death months ago on his amazing recovery
- Investigation: Council tries to shut down Hampstead private school denounced as a ‘circus’
- POLITICO London Playbook: What to tell Tusk? — Labour wins by-election — Last night in the Lords
- Daniel McDonnell: 'Joining the Delaney dots'
- Alun Wyn Jones: Wales captain focuses on World Cup quest
- Waverley Borough Council candidates: Why you should vote for us (wards A-FM)
100 comments to celebrate 100 IT Consultant posts have 294 words, post on www.techrepublic.com at June 19, 2009. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.