Of the fifteen countries in the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), citizens send funds to Jamaica more than any other nation. It was found that over $1.97 billion dollars was remitted in 2007. This figure is unbelievably high for a population of only 2.8 million people. People who send funds to Jamaica make up 39% of the populace. The methods people choose to send funds to Jamaica becomes increasingly pertinent.Jamaican migrants account for more than 1,037,599 migrants worldwide. A preponderance of the people sending money to Jamaica come from the United States ($1.05 billion), the United Kingdom ($500 million), Cayman Islands ($152 million), and Canada ($136 million). It is estimated that as much as 800,000 migrants live in the United States. The precise number is difficult to track because of the high number of illegal aliens and a lack of response to the US Census. Recently, the amount of payout radically decreased when the United Kingdom started requiring the presentation of I.D. for all remittances below 500 Great British Pounds.Now, the Jamaican migrants are well concentrated in New York and Miami. The Northeast territory holds 59% of migrants, while the South accounts for 30% of migrants. There are Jamaican groups in every… Read full this story
- It's Time to Stop Sending Money on Venmo
- Western Union urges customers to opt digital money transfer amidst COVID-19 crisis
- Bye bye buy-to-let … but where next for your money?
- DeeMoney teams up with Ripple to power faster, cheaper cross-border money transfers
- Mr Money on self-isolating from coronavirus fraudsters looking to rinse worried Brit pensioners of their savings
- SARAH VINE: How love has become a lethal weapon as coronavirus isolation sends Italians stir crazy
- Bavaria's Villa Glory: Ukrainian money and a German scandal
- Senate stimulus deal includes individual checks -- but don't expect the money until at least May
- Good news from Slovakia: People collect money for hospitals, 3D print face shields
- Have No Money to Send Back Home: Migrant Labourers Without Income During COVID19 Lockdown in India
Facts About Sending Money to Jamaica have 325 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 8, 2009. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.