1. Religion is not tolerated in Vietnam.Quite the contrary! Sometimes I read stories on the web about religious persecution in Vietnam, but what I see here in Ho Chi Minh City is a very religious people, far more religious in general than Americans. People here will nearly all say they are either Catholic or Buddhist; it’s hard to find anyone who would call themselves Agnostic or Atheistic- I haven’t met one yet.The Catholic Church is one of the biggest property owners in Ho Chi Minh City. There are huge, newly built churches everywhere. I can see a gimongous church being built in the distance from the window where I’m sitting right now. In the evenings and on Sundays there are crowds of people at all the churches, often spilling out into the street and adding to the traffic mayhem. The most popular tourist attraction in Saigon is a cathedral- the Notre-Dame Cathedral in District 1.There are also Buddhist temples in every neighborhood; many of them are huge. Thich Nhat Hanh, the rock star of Buddhist monks who was living in exile in France for many years, recently returned to tour Vietnam with an entourage of over 300 monks.Granted, there are… Read full this story
- When will Earth be eco-friendly? Most Americans believe the world will be greener by 2042 if we produce zero waste and adopt a more plant-based diet
- Vietnam-US: a close-knit relationship
- More than half of Americans say it's likely they WON'T comply with another month long lockdown but 61% believe the virus is getting worse, new Gallup poll shows
- On abortion, Amy Coney Barrett doesn't speak for American Christians
- GOP Senator Cotton Criticizes NYT for Calling First Thanksgiving a 'Myth' on the 400th Anniversary of Mayflower's Arrival
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 16 (updated hourly)
- Why do Vietnamese Americans support Donald Trump? And why not?
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 13
- Vietnam small businesses most optimistic in Asia-Pacific about post-Covid recovery
- Stuck in Vietnam a stroke of luck
5 Myths Americans Believe About Vietnam have 327 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 23, 2009. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.