I had, to my total delight, the opportunity to read a blog post written Kirsty Stewart of Enhance Your Chances. It was based on ‘things I have learnt from being a resume writer’. It was hilarious and yet serious at the same time. Her reflection on her own experiences inspired me to write this particular article on the 10 things I have learnt from being in business.1. 20% of business owners with less than 20 employees have no idea what is going on in their business, 80% of business owners with over 80 employees have no idea what is going on in their business, all others are relative.When you employ staff it is important to have checks and measures in place to know what is going on in your organisation. This includes the selection of only the best candidates (either internal or external) for engagement at a management or executive level. It also calls for the implementation of systems that will track matters such as employee absenteeism, reports of bullying, harassment and any other unprofessional conduct. Another important consideration is whether is is worth engaging the services of a consultant from time to time to conduct formal in-confidence employee surveys… Read full this story
- Peacock Investors Day Review: A Lot Of ‘SNL’ Alums, Dick Wolf, & Lessons Learned From Apple, Disney & HBO Max
- Special Learning, Inc. Announces the Launch of its Global Solutions in Russian speaking countries to Help Those who Serve Individuals with Autism and Other Special Needs
- Fed's Harker says officials learned lessons from repo turmoil, still mulling standing facility
- Twenty years on, there are three lessons to learn from the Dotcom bubble
- 'In school, but learning nothing'
- What financial gifts can you give your kids?
- 10 years after the storm: has New Orleans learned the lessons of Hurricane Katrina?
- What your company can learn about data centers from the tech giants
- Lessons for California as a dam falls and a river moves
- The lessons that have carried World of Wearable Arts boss Gisella Carr through her career
10 Lessons Learned From Being in Business have 339 words, post on ezinearticles.com at February 17, 2009. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.