Electronic Patient Record (EPR) software is rapidly replacing the traditional paper based notes used by GPs, dentists, hospitals and other NHS departments and services, as part of the Connecting for Health IT programme. One of the aims of the National Programme for IT (NPfIT) is to transfer 60 million paper based records to Electronic Patient Record software by 2010.Shared patient records are integral to the NPfIT. EPR software allows a patient’s medical notes to be made available to all medical personnel that need access to it, in different departments and locations.Being able to share patient information between departments and locations is important as it lets medical staff know instantly what medication a patient is taking, any allergies, and what treatment they have had, to ensure that the patient receives the most appropriate treatment in a timely manner. Also if a patient’s personal details such as name or address change, the details only need to be amended once, by a staff in any NHS location, such as a GP’s surgery, dentists or hospital, and the changes will be reflected throughout the NHS.Patient Administration Systems (PAS) include many features and work in tandem with EPR software. Information such as patient referral, admission… Read full this story
- Citizens to have electronic medical records by the end of this year
- Hospital computer system not fully restored after attack
- From cleaning floors to keeping patients' company, these robots are helping doctors fight coronavirus
- COVID-19 enhances reliance on telemedicine
- Nebraska Medical's digital transformation set stage for COVID-19 pandemic response
- How are different industries leveraging video through the COVID-19 crisis?
- Can pre-symptomatic COVID 19 be an economic warfare tool?
- Brain Waves Transformed into Music
- Coronavirus live updates: 30,000 deaths in US
- Can coronavirus crisis change Indian science for good?
What is Electronic Patient Record Software? have 287 words, post on ezinearticles.com at August 14, 2008. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.